Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sheer Beauty

Whether it's the flowy fabric of chiffon or the net-like feel of mesh, sheer fabrics help to add a flirty vibe to an outfit. In many cases, dresses and tops will strategically place mesh fabric underneath a sweetheart neckline or tube top in order to add a touch of modesty to the piece all while adding a feminine touch. I've been in a dress mood lately thanks to the sunny weather so I found some cute dresses with sheer fabrics as options for you. But please do me and everyone else a favor when wearing a piece that is completely sheer. Wear a nude tank top or like-color shirt underneath. It's never attractive when you can see your undergarments underneath your clothes. Let's keep it classy everyone!

Sheer Dresses:



Thistlepearl Tulle Dress $79.00 (Urban Outfitters)


Lacy Wrinkle Dress $21.99 (Papaya Clothing)


Beauty Blogger Dress $62.99 (Modcloth)


Coquette Tank Dress $40.60 (Nasty Gal)


Vero Moda Sheer Layered Drape Collar Chiffon Dress $31.03 (Asos)

From my own closet!


Dress: Forever 21

Went into Forever 21 today and stumbled across this polka dot body-con dress. When I tried it on in the dressing room I thought it looked cute, but wasn't 100% sure I wanted it (I've been trying to save money!) But to my surprise, I found that it was only $8.80! I couldn't pass it up so I took it home with me. Was definitely one of the highlights of my day!

Inspired? Look for these items here:

No comments:

Post a Comment