Perhaps I was just looking in all the wrong sections, but I recently discovered that several discount stores such as Marshalls and TJ Maxx not only sell designer clothes for less, but also designer sunglasses as well! Usually hidden in small bins right near the jewelry counter, you can often times find high-end brands such as Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, and Balenciaga sunglasses selling for less than half their original prices. Now if you tend to be pretty skeptical about buying designer items in locations other than their official licensed websites and stores, you may initially wonder why the prices are so low. Most of the sunglasses selling are there for three main reasons:
- They are usually sold without their cases/cleaning clothes (might have gotten lost on their way to the department stores)
- They are the leftover models and styles from previous seasons
- Their tags are usually replaced with the store logo (for example Marshalls)
Still not convinced? If you look on the side of the sunglasses, they have a product code (if they are authentic) that you can type in on google. If they are the real deal, the same model will show up in the search. Also for brands such as Prada, the location of creation is usually a dead giveaway in figuring out whether the pair in your hands is real or not. So the next time you're on the hunt for some designer sunglasses, it might be a good idea to stop into one of these discount stores to browse through their selection first. You may be presently surprised at all the trendy styles they have to offer!
Doing some back-to-school shopping, I figured I'd do some browsing in TJ Maxx. I came across a rather cute pair of Tory Burch sunglasses and thought I'd share them with you! A massive fan of Ms. Burch, I love the simple yet trendy feel of her apparel and accessories. I'm particularly a fan of her shoes because for one thing, they actually fit my abnormally small feet! Having a nice mix of tomboyish elements and feminine details, it's pretty easy to love her collection. So I'll share this fun Tory Burch piece with you in hopes that they will come in handy during these last few weeks of summer!
The trademark Tory Burch logo
Tory Burch TY7032 Sunglasses (Dark purple/grey color)
Want to win these? Here's how to enter!
- Head to The Retail Therapy Diaries Facebook page and become a fan. Only those who have liked the page will be able to enter (Click here to be linked to the page).
- Leave a comment on the wall describing your summer this year in three words or less (example: Super fun, boring, friend-filled, ruled by work)
- If you can link this post on your Facebook wall to get the word out, that would be great! But again will have no impact on your chances of winning whether you do so or not.
- That's it!
If you don't have a Facebook but interested in entering the giveaway, just send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)leaving me a little message describing your summer!
Drawing ends on September 8th 2012. This one is shorter than the 'Double the Fun' giveaway, so enter before it's too late!
Have a Tumblr? Follow me by clicking here!