Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beauty Product Fun

So I took a look in my makeup bag and decided I wanted to do some reviews on products that I'm using, or have recently tested! If you have any products that you think could rival some of my favorites let me know. I'd love to try them out!


Anna Sui Lip Gloss C #302 $21.00 (Urban Outfitters)

I'm not usually a lip gloss person, but I've fallen in love with this particular one! Not only is the packaging adorable, it applies just the right amount of shine without being ridiculous blinding! The color basically goes on sheer, but if you look closely you can see a tint of color. Though I really like this gloss, the one downside is the scent. It's has a strange chemical/perfume odor and if you accidentally taste the gloss, unlike some others, it isn't very pleasant! Overall I give this product a 4.5/5


Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Wildberry $30.00 (Nordstrom)

I actually received a sample of this gloss from my mom's Nordstrom rewards gift giveaway and heard about this brand from a youtube beauty channel! When I applied the gloss I didn't notice the plumping effect but it did create a tingling sensation on my lips. I'm not usually a fan of color in general on my lips since I tend to put more focus on my eye makeup but this gloss provided just the right amount of color! I think I would use this more when I have a special get together, but probably not so much for day to day wear. Though I enjoyed this gloss, not sure I was impressed enough to fork out $30 once I run out. I give this gloss a 3.5/5


Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper $18.00 (Sephora)

By far my most prized product in my beauty bag! After years of enduring the dreaded raccoon eye effect, I finally found an eyeliner that stays put. The brush tip applicator is super easy to use and creates really crisp lines. So depending on the time of day, you can create a thin line during the day and a thicker, more dramatic line for a night out. This particular formula is waterproof as well which helps in the staying process. I'll definitely be sticking with this liner. It's a keeper! I give this product a 5/5


Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Singles in Night Sky $2.94 (Target)

I don't use eyeshadow in the conventional way, mainly because I don't really know how to make shadow work with my lack of eyelid creases, but I do use it to help my eyeliner stay in place! If you haven't learned this makeup trick yet, give it a try! After applying your eyeliner, go over the line with an eyeshadow in a similar shade to give the liner some extra staying power. I particularly like this eyeshadow because it's inexpensive but at the same time has a nice rich color to it. In addition, the sparkle in the shadow helps to emphasize that twinkle in your eye! This product gets a 4/5


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Commander in Chic #240 $7.99 (Ulta)

Thanks to the recent sunny weather, I was inspired to paint my nails to complement my favorite pair of sandals! I used this shade on my toes and really liked the grayish purple color. Because this color isn't too dark, it works well as a fingernail color as well! The applicator brush is flat so it helps to create clean lines without creating streaks. The only downfall to this particular formula is that it seems to take forever to dry. But that could just be because I'm a rather impatient person when it comes to nail polish! This product gets a 4/5


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mudslide #230 $7.99 (Ulta)


Here's a picture of what it looks like on since it's hard to tell from just the bottle!

To be honest I didn't like the color at first. When I initially applied the polish it looked like I wasn't wearing polish at all. But once it dried and I looked at it in the light, the color was much more vibrant and was a really pretty chocolaty pink. It's almost like an amplified nude color. It was just the right shade. Not too bright and not too dull. Though I love the color, I feel a bit guilty stealing this from my mom! I give this polish a 4/5

Premier Passion Fruit Aromatic Body Butter $49.99 (Dead Sea Premier Cosmetics)

I received this body butter as a gift and have enjoyed using it over the past few weeks! It comes in a glass container and the formula has a sweet fruity scent to it. Unlike some other lotions, this body butter leaves a light lingering scent rather than a super strong scent that just may give someone a headache! The lotion is super silky and absorbs really fast so you aren't left with that uncomfortable sticky feeling. As the weather continues to warm up, this lotion will definitely come in handy on days that I want to wear skirts and dresses! The only downside to this product is the price but I might consider ordering this again once I run out! I give this a 3.5/5

Inspired? Look for these items here:

3 comments:

  1. I'm all about Mac Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel Macroviolet. In can get a little clumpy, but it's the longest lasting eye liner I've found and stays in place even in the rain. I'm definitely going to try the liner you recommended though (as well as the trick!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I have my eyes set on the blacktrack shade! Have you tried the Bobbi Brown gel liner? I heard it's the Mac Fluidline liner's rival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried that one yet, but maybe I will!

    ReplyDelete