Saturday, July 30, 2011

Shopping Adventures

Went on a family trip up to Vancouver again for some back-to-school shopping and sightseeing! I was able to hit up some of my usual favorites, but also some new malls and shopping districts that I had never been to before. There's just something special about boutiques. I love the fact that they have one-of -a-kind pieces that I'm not likely to spot on another retail therapy lover walking down the street. Plus they always seem to have such beautifully made clothing in fabrics that can just put a smile across your face. From silk to floaty chiffon, I enjoy treating myself every once and a while with a well made garment. There were tons of sales everywhere as stores and smaller boutiques were trying to get rid of their summer clothing to make room for the new fall collections. Getting a good mix of both fall and summer pieces, it'll help make the transition from warm weather to cooler temperatures a little easier! I've added descriptions of the stores I had purchased things from as well as some of my other favorites. This way it'll give you an idea of what places you might want to visit if you decide to take a trip up to Vancouver!

Back-to-School Purchases:



Esley Silk Babydoll Top (Haus of Luxe)


I.C.U. Collection Blue Floral Zipper Dress (Haus of Luxe)

I spotted the boutique Haus of Luxe inside of the Oakridge mall. Never having been there, it was nice to see all of the different shops. This one in particular is a bit pricier compared to the other places I went to, but all of their clothing was very nicely made. I loved the flow of the silk top, and I loved how the fabric felt on the dress. Wearing the dress today, the fabric felt so lightweight when it caught a breeze! They had everything from casual wear like pretty cardigans to club wear like body-con mini dresses! 






Long Cardigan with Ruffles (Garage Clothing)


Cami with Frill (Garage Clothing)

This was one of my favorite shops, and I found some great pieces for fall here! Located inside of the Richmond Centre, there were both stores found in the states as well as just in Canada.  I loved the way the cami draped as well as the adorable ribbon print. The cream colored cardigan matched well with the top and was warm enough to fight the autumn chill! I would way that this particular shop was rather affordable, and they had lots of great sales on cute summer items as well! 




Floral Ruffle Dress (Angela Clothing)

I wasn't able to find a website for this small boutique, but it was also located inside of the Richmond Centre. This was probably my favorite stop of the trip! There was a lot of asian inspired clothing, and everything was girly, ruffly, and pastel colored! Plus they had lots of great deals like dresses for under $20! There was a cute nautical inspired bustier top for only $6 too. Though they had a lot of cute items, the sizes did tend to run a bit small so if you like fitted tops and dresses, this is the place for you!


Mavi Serena Skinny Jeans (Below the Belt)

Below the Belt has become one of my go-to stores in the Robson area. Brands range from Hurley and other skate companies to Guess and Juicy Couture. They have a wide selection of name brand jeans and many are often times on sale. I love Mavi jeans because they just fit really well. They have a jegging feel without the jegging look which I love. Jeans are hard to find for me so finding a brand that works for my frame is awesome. 


Other Favorites:


Floral Twill Blazer (Smart Set)


I actually purchased this blazer on my last family trip up, but thought it might help to illustrate the kinds of clothes they sell here. Smart Set has a number of different locations in the Vancouver area and reminds me of a cross between Forever 21 and Wet Seal. They have lots of graphic tees, and fashion tops as well as accessories to go with your outfit. Ranging from casual wear to more formal wear, they have something for everyone.



This small boutique had some of the cutest jeans I had seen the entire trip. There was a pair of dark wash skinnies with rhinestone embellishment on the back pockets that caught my eye but they only had one left in the wrong size. But they had lots of girly options, with lots of floaty, drapey blouses. In addition, much like the other stores, they always have something on sale whenever I visit!



Laken Wedge $20.99 (Spring Shoes)

I spotted these shoes in the display and wanted them so badly! I've been on the hunt for white sling-back wedges without a ridiculously high platform and this one fit the bill. Sadly for me the smallest size they had was a 7 which was much to big for my tiny feet. As much as I love all the shoes that this store carries, they aren't small shoe size friendly. But if you have normal size feet, they have cute dress and casual shoes for great prices!



Propaganda Paige Sheer Floral Skirt (Plenty Clothing)

This skirt was so pretty sitting on the display table, but like with most skirts, it didn't quite flatter me. But if you are someone who loves flirty skirts, this is the place for you! It has an Urban Outfitters feel with pricier pieces. But you can definitely tell the difference those extra bucks make. Everything is so well made with intricate accents like crochet, and lace!


Only 4 days left to enter!!

Giveaway Reminder: If you haven't entered the 'Girly Giveaway' contest yet, simply like 'The Retail Therapy Diaries' on Facebook, write your favorite summer trend on the wall, and you will be automatically entered! Don't have a Facebook? Don't feel comfortable writing on the wall? Just email me your response to theretailtherapydiares@gmail.com and you can be entered in the drawing that way as well! Want to take a peek at the prizes? Find pictures as well as contest rules here:


Also as a reminder, you don't have to be from the states to enter! The contest is open to all! Good luck every

No comments:

Post a Comment