Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hello Seattle

It's been three months since I pre-ordered my Owl City tickets and I must say it was well worth the wait! My ears are still recovering from the blaring beats and screaming fans, and my eyes are still re-adjusting after looking into all the flashing lights! All in all it was a great night. For today's post I decided to focus on concert wear. I'm not talking about those super fancy concerts where you dress up, but the more low key concerts where you want to be comfortable when jumping and dancing to the music! I would say that a tried and true concert outfit would consist of a nice pair of skinny jeans, a cute pair of slip on sneakers or flats to protect your feet, and a comfy plaid button up! However if you are like me and enjoy watching the action at a safer location like the balcony, you can wear something a tad nicer. I decided on a strapless top with a black cardigan over it. Whatever you decide to wear, just make sure you are comfortable. There's nothing worse than having to constantly tug and pull on clothing items rather than giving your full attention to the performer and enjoying the musical experience!

Some pictures from the concert! So sorry for the horribly, horribly blurry photos. My camera was being super difficult tonight. Something tells me it's time for a new camera! Thought I'd add them anyways!


At the Paramount!


Mat Kearney


Clearing the stage


Owl City!

Here is the original look I wanted to wear tonight. However the Seattle weather had other plans. Something told me that this outfit wasn't quite appropriate for a rainy, mid 60's summer day.


Shirt: Myth Clothing (Marshall's)
Shorts: Grane shorts (Macy's)

What I ended up wearing


Top: Manteau Clothing (Jujubes)
Cardigan: Maggy London (Nordstrom)


Jeans: Mavi Serena Super Skinny (Below the Belt)

Giveaway Reminder: If you haven't entered the 'Girly Giveaway' contest yet, simply like 'The Retail Therapy Diaries' on Facebook, write your favorite summer trend on the wall, and you will be automatically entered! Don't have a Facebook? Don't feel comfortable writing on the wall? Just email me your response to theretailtherapydiares@gmail.com and you can be entered in the drawing that way as well! Want to take a peek at the prizes? Find pictures as well as contest rules here:


Also as a reminder, you don't have to be from the states to enter! The contest is open to all! Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment