Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop

I've been wanting to test out the newest trend in nail products for a while and finally purchased my first bottle! The shattered effect polish has been gaining popularity for a while now and I decided to try the trend, in hopes that it didn't look completely ridiculous on me. I purchased the Sephora by O.P.I Blasted nail color in Blasted White and painted the formula over my bubble gum pink polish. Within 5-10 seconds of applying the thin coat, the shattered effect started to form over my fingernails! I was definitely pleased with the look of the shatter, but would probably choose a different base color for next time. Maybe the white blasted polish over black? Do you have a favorite color combo that you want to share with me? Let me know! I'm still new to this fun beauty trend so share your knowledge and insight with me!

Shattered Effect Nail Formulas

Untitled

Sally Hansen Crackle $6.99 (Walgreens)
China Glaze Crackle $8.00 (Ulta)
O.P.I Shatter $4.25 (Amazon)
Nails Inc. Special Effects $9.50 (Sephora)
Sephora by O.P.I Blasted $9.50 (Sephora)


Sephora by O.P.I Blasted Tested by TRTD



Pink Base Coat



With the Blasted Polish


A Closer Look

Inspired? Look for these items here:

No comments:

Post a Comment