Monday, September 5, 2011

Wishful Thinking

We recently had a family friend stay with us from abroad so we were able to visit all the fun tourist spots around the city. It had been a while since my last trip up the space needle! We also had the chance to go and take her shopping which I quite enjoyed myself! Among the different stores we went into, I found myself spending the longest time in Sephora. I'm not usually a huge fan of trying new products that are on the higher end, but there were a few products that had caught my eye! I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you in hopes that you would share some of the things on your wish list with me as well! I figured I'll be headed back there soon to stock up on my regulars for the new school year anyways so maybe I'll add in another new product to my rotation.

TRTD's Sephora Product Wishlist


Dior Addict Ultra Gloss $27.50

I've had my eye on this product for a while now but was always on the fence when it came down to purchasing it. I figured I could find another decent gloss for cheaper but the gloss comes in such a cute tube it's hard to not want it. There was a really pretty plum colored one that was particularly tempting, and would be great for the fall. Perhaps I'll have to consider investing in a tube.


Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil $24.00

Always being a fan of the clear gloss, I decided that I wanted to step out and try something a little different. I want to add a touch of color to my lips without it being ridiculously out there, so I figured  a peach or  dusty rose color would be subtle enough. I read in a recent fashion magazine that peach is a universally flattering shade and adds just the right amount of color. Having a colored pencil like this might be handy for a fun night out or a fancy dinner. 


Sephora Collection Nail Patch Art $12.00 

There has been a growing trend with nail polish strips which provide you with the lasting features of a regular liquid nail polish, but without the mess and waiting period. I always see the Sally Hansen ones whenever I go to the store but some of the prints are a little out there. I saw this pink polka-dotted one on the Sephora website and thought it looked so adorable! Plus the idea of just sticking a strip on your nail seems like it would be fun to apply!


Escada Taj Sunset $43 (1 oz.)

I'm more of a body spray fan than a perfume fan just because I don't want something super strong and long lasting, but I was drawn to the pretty bottle and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised with a fruity and fairly light scent and it reminded me of a lotion I used to really like. If I were to purchase this product I'd probably go for the mini spray bottle which is $20 since I probably wouldn't use it all the time.



Paperself Eyelashes $19.00 (Deer and Butterfly Design)

This product isn't technically on my wishlist just because these are a little too wild for me, but I thought they looked so cool and pretty and deserved a little blurb on this post. There are a couple of different designs but all of them are super intricately cut and are just really fun to look at. Not quite sure where someone might be able to wear these, but they would be cool for a fun party or even a Halloween party, since it'll be the end of October before we know it!

Inspired? Look for these items here:

No comments:

Post a Comment