Thursday, September 29, 2011

Magnetic Pull

Before I start this post, I'd like to apologize for the lack of posts recently. School has been keeping me super busy and my stress level has been on the high end lately. I've only been back for a week and a half and this week already felt like finals week, full of late nights and hardcore studying! Needless to say I've been a little preoccupied! I will try my best to not wait for weeks to go by between posts and keep the fun trends and looks coming! Now on to today's post! I was first introduced to this cool product from a photo on a friends Tumblr page featuring a magnetic nail polish that creates a swirled effect when the magnet on top of the bottle is placed above the nail. It seemed like such a fun idea but wasn't sure how to get my hands on a bottle. Luckily I stopped into my neighborhood Rite Aid and found it displayed with the new items. I had to have it! The Magneffect nail polish by Layla Cosmetics was the only magnet activated polish I had ever seen. I actually had to go back and buy it because I wasn't convinced that the polish was worth as much as it was priced the first time around. However after giving it a day of thought, I decided to give it a shot and purchased the Velvet Groove shade that combines a pretty purple with magenta when activated by the magnet! I tried the polish this afternoon and loved it! It was so cool watching the colors mix together! Another plus to this polish would be the fast dry time so you aren't waiting forever. Though the price may be steep, I thought it was worth it. It provided a one of a kind look that I had never seen before. I'll be sticking with this polish for a while. Hopefully other brands will pick up on this cool new trend with more affordable prices!


Magneffect by Layla Cosmetics


Violet Groove Shade


Here's what the magnet looks like on top! The line down the middle directs the way that the swirl on the nail will go! So if you hold it horizontally, there will be horizontal lines! Want them slightly off to the side? Simply turn the cap till the line matches up to where you want it.



What it looks like on!

Inspired? Look for this item here:

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool!!!
    I love love you blog post so much!!

    Anna
    xoxo
    www.enchantedly--anna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete