Monday, April 25, 2011

Bat Those Lashes

There's nothing quite like the perfect mascara to coat those tiny lashes to make them look almost as good as false lashes! I've gone through my fair share of mascaras and thought I'd review some of the recent ones I've tried and let you know what I think.


Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara $25.00

This mascara definitely delivered on volume, and creating thicker looking lashes. However I wasn't a fan of the chemical like scent. Overall I'd give this one a 3/5 


Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara $14.50

This is what I am currently stashing in my makeup bag. Though I do wish the formula provided more volume, the mascara creates long lashes without flaking or clumping! Plus it defines each and every lash, avoiding sticking, and in turn rivals some falsies I have come across. I give this one a 4.5/5


Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara $19.50

I thought I'd really like this mascara, and thought the big brush would make for long lashes but I was pretty disappointed. Not only did this formula clump my lashes, it dried out really fast! Wouldn't recommend this one 2/5


Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara $21.00

I didn't find this mascara to be anything special, but it did the job. Provided decently long and thick lashes but is sort of a forgettable formula. I give this one a 3/5

In addition, no mascara works well alone! I like to curl my lashes before I put on my mascara and after I've applied a coat. I've been using this  KOJI curler for about 2 years now and I still haven't found one that I like better than this one. Picked this one up during my trip to Japan, but you can also find this one online!


Want to give these mascaras a try? Find them here:

No comments:

Post a Comment