Friday, August 16, 2013

A Sticky Situation

After months of eyeing nail sticker packets in the cosmetic aisles, I finally gave in and decided to give them a try. I was drawn to Loreal's Colour Riche Nail Lingerie stickers in the design, In With the New. The silver glitter fade starting at the base of the nail looked both classic and fun, and I thought that it would match well with a wide variety of different pinks. For the base color, I went with Deborah Lippmann's hot pink shade, Daytripper, and prepped my nails for the stickers. To my dismay, the stickers were less than spectacular and I ended up having to peel them off. Let's just say that you could definitely tell that they were stickers. Once on the nail, they puckered at the tips creating an undesirable "plastic" look. I attempted to layer on more nail polish to try and smooth over the bumps, but nothing seemed to work. Nail stickers are a great idea, but I think that they need to figure out a way to create products that are rounded-nail plate friendly!



Loreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Lingerie
in 705 In With the New
$8.95 (Loreal)

Not one to be conquered by nail troubles, I decided to create my own glitter fade manicure. With a fine glitter polish, I started at the base of my nail, and applied a line straight across as if I were creating a french manicure. Then I positioned the brush straight up and down and dabbed lightly upward to create the faded look. Finally, I finished off my nails with a quick dry top coat to make my manicure last, and shine!


Deborah Lippmann in Daytripper $17.00 (Nordstrom)
Sparitual in Golden Rule $10.00 (Sephora)
Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat $4.99 (Target) 


Liking the way that my nails turned out, I decided to reverse the fade and have the glitter start at the tip of my nails. I personally liked my second attempt better, but I think that might just be because I like this color combination better.


Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Razzle Dazzler $6.24 (Target)
Revlon Nail Enamel in Teak Rose $4.99 (Ulta)


Inspired? Look for these items here:

No comments:

Post a Comment